Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ernest Hemingway- For Whom The Bell Tolls

This book struck me so fully that everything else pales in comparison. I bought it by fluke in the LA airport and read it across Asia (I paced myself so that it just wouldn't end, because I knew what had to happen- and I was enjoying it so much) and basically mutilated it by taking so many notes on the pages.
I will not elaborate on this novel aside from saying that it is so deeply profound on so many levels that I was simply astounded. The only other book that has impacted me so deeply was East of Eden, and possibly a few others that I will not list here. I will just say that it was one of the most dazzling peices of literature I have read in a very long time, and I can not recommend it highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment