Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hugh Laurie- The Gun Seller

I looked for this book for ages, and had trouble finding it anywhere. Then, lo and behold, I looked for it in Bangkok and it was there. One single copy, just destined to find its way into my hands.
I thought it was as delightful as I'd hoped, and that's saying a lot. I intend to read P.G. Wodehouse (and I have him bookmarked, in fact) to see what inspired him to write this treasure- to say nothing of (presumably) helping him evolve into having the kind of quirky, charming cynicism that is so wonderful about him. (From what I can tell; I do not presume to know him simply because of my rampages through the internet and tabloids and watching House over and over until the DVD gives up in exasperation).

Anyway- I have read that this is on its way to becoming movie. I do hope that is true, and while I have no doubt that it will be fabulously cast, I have my own personal dream that he will play the title character. Or at least a garbageman. If it's good enough for Hitchcock and M. Night Shyamalan, I guess it'll have to be good enough for the Gun Seller. Although I fervently hope it won't come to that.
Simply fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment