Friday, November 23, 2007

Janet Lunn- The Root Cellar

I haven't read this book since I was fairly young, but I loved it as a child. I read it multiple times, and it was one of the books that really impacted the way I view fiction, writing style, and plot development (not to mention character development)- at least as far as I can tell. It really fired up my imagination, and even the artistic lockets at the beginning of the chapter were really lovely.
I remember it with a clarity that I don't remember a lot of other novels, and it is possibly responsible for my interest in the personal side of history.
All in all, a fantastic children's book, and one I would highly recommend to anyone. It's probably not going to appeal to most boys, though (or so I guess) as I seem to remember it being pretty sentimental and romanticised- althought not particularly romantic in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment